Dec 18, 2010

28 Weeks

I've officially hit the third trimester!


And I'm not as big as I thought I was.  The midwife I saw today was pretty impressed with how I managed to not gain any weight over the holiday.  Well- a pound.  But it's not crazy like I guess it is for a lot of people.  I still have 12 weeks to go, which means Capt Jack is going to gain +/- 6lbs.  That means I gain about the same.  I think I'm ok with that.  It'll probably be a leeeetle more, but that's how pregnancy goes.  

We're slowly getting everything together for him.  I have a couple carriers, we have a mini Pack N Play for next to the bed, my mom and Amber have given us clothes and I'm working on the diapers.  I just ordered 2 doz prefolds today, and I'm getting 15 more from a destash.  Really, all we need is the carseat and a Boppy and we'll have the minimum we need to bring him home.  Even the Boppy isn't absolutely necessary.  I could make one and it'd be fine.  I'm kind of waiting for my shower.  I know that sounds terrible, but I don't want to double up on anything.  I hate having to return stuff.  

Speaking of making things, I'm still waiting for my fabric from Joann's.  I need to make the girls' their pj pants.  We're wicked behind in Christmas shopping.  We've kind of put it off.  Now it's a week away.  Ooops.  I think we'll do ok, though.  Christmases aren't huge deals with us.  We much prefer to to spend them together enjoying each other than with a bunch of gifts.  :)  

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

Christmas isn't big with us either. In fact, we kind of dread the gift part.

You look great! Happy Holidays to your awesome family.