Oct 9, 2010

Knitting-0, Sewing-2

In the knitting mojo vs. sewing mojo contest, sewing seems to be winning.  I've been making all sorts of stuff recently.  I think it's a combination of pregnancy causing me to have the attention span of a goldfish and the need for instant gratification.

I have plans for more maternity wear over the next few weeks.  I started the Metallica shirt last night, but the elastic ruching looks like ass.  Not to mention there's math involved.  Math me no likey.  I'm going to go with my original plan to refashion it based on my favorite tank top.

Next up is a kilt, or kilt-type skirt, based on a Utilikilt.  Angela sent me the pattern she used for Socklicker's kilt a while back, and I'm thinking of modifying that to fit a growing belly.  I would be using all the same techniques (pleating, measuring, etc), but instead of a traditional apron that buckles or Velcros, I would replace that with a stretchy knit panel at the top, leaving the rest of the apron as a mock apron.  Someone asked me how it stays a kilt, but really, I don't think that modification changes too much.  I need something that won't be ZOMGSOHOOOOOTTTTTTTT here but still has pockets.  I love my jeans, but the baby has turned up my internal furnace.  They're just getting to warm.

My maternity wardrobe is getting to be pretty bad-ass.

No comments: