Oct 3, 2010

Allll by myyyyyyysellllllffffff!

Because Justin is in Nashville this week.

His father had heart attack #7 on Friday night.  Luckily his friend was with him and was able to get him to the hospital.  They still had to shock him 7 times to get his heart rhythm back.  He was out of it and on a vent till this morning.  Justin headed out there on emergency leave yesterday, and got there this morning.  His dad was awake and talking, and is on less medication than he had been.  He'll likely have a pacemaker/defibrillator put in tomorrow or the next day and then it's just a matter of healing up.  We were horribly worried (obviously) that he wouldn't make it this time.  He's like a goddamn cat, with all those lives.

I seriously miss Justin.  Nights are the worst, since I never sleep well without him in the bed, even when he's just downstairs.  But I am kind of enjoying this time to myself.  I have some good plans for this week.  The girls are off school for fall break.  We'll be busy cleaning in the morning, since I'm playing warden to Maddie.  She lost a textbook and it's $46 to replace it.  So rather than her just handing over cash, she gets to every dirty, disgusting chore we have.  She'll be mowing the lawn with a mechanical lawn mower, raking and bagging the clippings, cleaning out the garbage cans (including the outside one), recycling bins and the courtyard off the kitchen, scrubbing floors and bathrooms and doing laundry.  We're such awful parents.  :p

The Blueberry is getting super active.  It squirms around all.the.time.  I'm 17 1/2 weeks- already!  Weight gain has been good- less than 15 lbs total so far, and I'm almost halfway through.  I seem to be gaining about 1/2 lb a week.  I'll be happy if this one ends with a decent weight gain.  The big ultrasound is in 2 1/2 weeks- Oct 21.  We are definitely finding out the flavor- we have shit to buy!

No comments: