Jul 8, 2010

It's official!

I went in for my blood test today and it's official- I am indeed knocked up.

The nurse was kind of a bitch when I talked to her on the phone, but when I met her she wasn't so bad.  I'm already getting the scare tactics, this first one being that I can't see a dr off base without moving down to Tricare Standard.  That means co-pays I'm not sure we can afford.  I found out Tripler has a midwife program, which is a good thing.  I DO NOT want to be seen by the OB's there.  The midwife program bypasses them and is still covered by Tricare Prime.  You have to meet certain requirements, the main one being "having a low risk of needing intervention during birth".  I meet that requirement!  Not only do I not need interventions during birth, I don't WANT any interventions.  No forceps, no drugs, no IV, not a goddamn thing.  I plan to fight to get there if I have to.  It helps that my babies basically just fall out anyway.

I'm still having misgivings about this kid....  I'm happy, don't get me wrong.  But this some of the crappiest timing I've ever seen.  We're getting out of the military beginning of 2011 and we're not sure if it'll be a medical retirement or not.  No idea if I'll be giving birth here or in Seattle.  It's all so up in the air it's making me crazy.

Plus the cravings have started.  Certain things just sound good.  Tonight it was a roast beef sandwich.  I'm really glad we had some in the house.  Yesterday I was vomiting from the stomach flu, but before that it was pineapple and guacamole.  I'm hoping this isn't setting me up for the rest of the pregnancy.....  :p

No comments: