Jun 15, 2010

Randomness

Got my hairs cut.  It was getting out of control.  My hair was almost down to my waist.  All I was doing was pulling back in a ponytail.  It was a crime, really, because no matter what other physical shortcomings I have, my hair is fucking fabulous.  So I cut it.  Short.  Not boy short like it used to be, but about chin length.  I donated two rather impressive tails to Locks of Love.  Now it's curly and layered and made of awesome.   I had forgotten how wavy my hair was.

Crappy webcam picture:

Been packing up the house.  I have way too much crap.  I took out a lawn bag and two regular trash bags today.  Why do we keep every goddamn piece of mail we get?  I have no idea.

Been buying sewing books like they're going out of print.  But I really want to start making more of my own clothes.  I got a couple books on general sewing, and some specific ones on different pattern type stuff.  Sublime, Stitching, too, because I want to start some embroidery.  I've finally decided that the front room in the new house will be my sewing room.  I get to keep the purple couch till we move from the island.  It's a good compromise.

Speaking of moving from Hawaii, it's looking more like that's going to happen sooner rather than later.  I don't want to go too into it right now.  Suffice it to say, the last couple weeks have been hard.  But we're making it through.  The good news is we'll be packed up, more or less.  :)

Wedding is in two weeks.  Argh.  I need to have the house presentable.  I'm really hoping that happens.  They know about the boxes and general dishevelment that will happen, but I need to scrub the bathrooms and kitchen to an inch of their life.  At least the cleaning for the move will be easier.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I feel the moving pain. I too also keep far too much mail. Mostly magazine that I never read, will never read, but I keep them anyway.

I did find 5 containers of peanutbutter and 10 pairs of scissors. Who needs that... apparently I do.

Hope you get it all done :)

choperena said...

Your hair looks so sexy!

Are there any thoughts yet as to where you'd be relocating?