Jun 3, 2010

Look at me, I'm Donna Fucking Reed!

My sewing machine is fixed!  Yay!!  I get to pick it up tomorrow.  I'd have gone today, but it's downtown, and since I didn't find out till an hour before I had to leave for an appointment downtown, I couldn't go get it.  I wouldn't have made it to the place before they closed.  :(  But it's fixed, and I have three sewing books on the way!!  YAY!!

Now the question is- what do I break it in on?  I have a pile of fabric, a ton of ideas and just got a new sewing magazine.  Maybe I'll make some of the little zipper bags in there.  Ot the adorable elephant.  Or an octopus.  Or something!  Anything!

I'm starting to get knitting ADD again.  I finally finished and shipped the sweater for my friend.  Blargh.  It was beautiful, but it was hard staying monogamous.  I seem to have no problem with it in my marriage (good thing!), but project monogamy just doesn't happen.  I wound the yarn for a test knit of Kristen Rengren's Miss January today.  I'm still debating on the color scheme- gray body with green ribbing/yoke or green body with gray ribbing/yoke?  I have an army green sweater in the works (Picadilly), so maybe gray body.  But that's so..... gray.  I don't know.  I do know I can't start it until this weekend, since I ordered the wrong size needles.  I needed 2 1/2, not 2.  I'm going to the yarn store this weekend with some friends, so I'll get the right ones there.  That will also give me time to decide on the color combo.

I'm baking again.  I've been making cinnamon rolls like a mad woman.  I use my breadmaker to do the dough, then do the rest by hand.  They are YUMMY.  I was supposed to make them again this morning, but that didn't happen.  Yesterday was a pretty shit-tastic day, so when I finally got home (after 8pm), I was too beat to make them.  Instead I used my Google-fu to find a pound cake recipe that only needed 3 eggs, since that's all I had.  I found one that needed yogurt, which I didn't have.  I did have cream cheese.  No orange juice, but lemon.  No blueberries either (not essential).  So instead of a blueberry yogurt pound cake, it became a lemon cream cheese one.  And it was out-fucking-standing.  A little mealy, but I think that was the bread flour I used.  I ran out of all-purpose.  Seeing a trend here?  Yeah- I desperately need to go grocery shopping.

I'm becoming absolutely content with my life.  I'm making plans for the new house and trying to clear out this one.  We've decided that my craft room will be downstairs in the new place instead of in one of the bedrooms.  I work downstairs a lot, and since the new place has a "formal" living room we won't really use, it's going to be my craft room.  I hate being isolated from everyone, and if the girls are home, don't really feel right being upstairs all day.  If I have my sewing machine, spinning wheel and everything downstairs, I can work and they can do their thing and I'll know if they set something on fire. The spare bedroom will house the cross trainer, the purple couch (Justin thinks we're getting rid of it- ummmm, no) and the bookshelves.  It's just a switch of rooms, and a much more functional one.

Random thought to leave you with- my cat is making squeaky noises as he snores.  It's hilarious.

3 comments:

竹青 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
choperena said...

That pound cake sounds amazing! Can you post/send me the recipe?

And I completely hear you on the crafting ADD. I counted this weekend I have ten currently going projects. And, of course, I'm not seeing progress in any of them.

Missy said...

nate wanted to know where the fezig pants/shirt was for the action figs... hehe