May 5, 2010

I is sick

I have bronchitis.  Motherfucking bronchitis.  And it's lovely, let me tell you.  Chest hurts, coughing, inability to breathe.  Fabulous.

On the plus side, I've gotten pretty far on Picadilly.  I've been working on it for a couple weeks now, and I'm almost through the body.  I should be able to finish the increases in the next few days.  Then it'll likely have to go on hold, as I'm doing a sooper-seekrit sample knit for a friend.  She needs it by June 1st.  Luckily it's sleeveless, so I should be able to get it done fairly quickly.  I'm just hoping she has it on larger needles.  It's in an alpaca/silk blend that is absolutely wonderful to work with.  After that is finishing the sweater of doom, a test knit for the same friend (I get to keep this one!), and then Tempest.  This seems to be the year of the sweater.

What else?  Not much.  Classes are doing really well.  They generally have more than the minimum.  I've added two new ones in July- a Photoshop class and a uniform class (putting on name tapes and rank).  I'll add quilting in October.  I really like teaching.

I've also been throwing around the idea of going through doula training.  We'll see.  I ordered a couple books that are required reading for the certification programs, just to see if it's something I really want to do.  It would mesh well with my artwork and teaching.  I'm also going to see if Darcee will let me go to her birth in Dec.  I need to go to one other than my own two, to see what it's like on the other side.  :)

No comments: