Mar 25, 2010

Ooooooh, I was born a ramblin' man!

Yet another late night blog post.  And another that rambles, because I'm not tired, but need to get to bed.

Today was a good day.  Well, it didn't start out that way, but it ended up there.  Justin got a call at 1:30am that one of his guys was puking, so he had to go in and cover the rest of his shift.  He got home a little after 6am.  :(  The nice part was that after the girls went to school, I went back upstairs and crawled back into bed with him.  I slept until 11am.  I can't remember the last time I got to sleep in that late, and with Justin in the bed.  It was wonderful, crazy dreams and all.

I have the sock pattern written up.  My friends JoAnna and Mary are testing it.  Mary caught a couple mistakes, which were easily remedied.  :)  She loves the sock, which gives me a warm fuzzy.  I like it, too.

Classes are going better than I thought they would.  I'm getting tons of people in my photo classes.  This session I have 5 people in my darkroom class, and three in digital.  People are being waitlisted for some of my classes.  I'm making more money doing this than I was when I was still a regular employee.  I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot more, too.  I'm working on a Photoshop class for the late summer and possibly an alt process class.

I'm still debating grad school.  I have money from the Post-9/11 GI Bill, which was a complete surprise.  It'll pay for a good part of my tuition if I can get to school while Justin is still AD.  I can use the BAH I'll get to pay whatever tuition isn't covered.  I'm aiming for UW-Seattle.  They have fibers as an undergrad program and a photography MFA, so the work I've been planning to do will fit nicely.  I just need to figure out the time to do it.

Wedding photography seems to be what I'm meant to do, at least for the time being.  I had another wedding fall into my lap over the weekend.  I shot it yesterday.  My friend Amy's vow renewal is this weekend.  I'm waiting to hear back on one for April, and then there are a few for June/July.  I need to get my website polished and put an ad on Craigslist.  I'll probably get more than I can handle!

I'm working on another pattern.  This one is a sweater based on one Angela's friend wore to her bachelorette party.  It's super cute, with a wide neck that can e worn a lot of different ways, set in sleeves, and a really simple stitch.  I think I may do it in laceweight on large needles.  That seems to work well here.

I think that's all I've got for right now.  Oh, the rambling....

No comments: