Nov 17, 2009

That's all folks....

Amy left last night.  Boo.  I'm sad, because I absolutely adore her.  I was really worried before she got here that we wouldn't get along and the entire week would be torture.  I mean, I knew we would be ok because I already liked her through emails, but I was really hoping it would be even better when she got here.  And it was.  She's definitely someone I would have a lot of fun with.  I also got to spend a lot of time with my friends Anne and Kay.  Which made things even better.  :) 

I'm working on ideas to do something like Amy's workshop again this spring, this time with a local artist or crafter.  We just got a raku kiln- maybe something along those lines.  It would also feature our pottery program, which is good.

Now I have a few weeks to relax and do holiday stuff and other things.  My teaching schedule is pretty set for the spring, so I don't need to worry about that.  My classes seem to be going rather well, which makes me happy.  I've gotten really good feedback so far from my students.  Many of them are asking me to do more in-depth classes, too.  That's a good sign, right?  :D  Because of that I've set up a second fan page, one specifically for my classes.  It's here- Dorothy Dean's Craft Classes.  I'll be posting my classes on there and hopefully have some discussion areas where students can come ask questions.  I don't think classes should be a thing where it's "Hey, have a nice life!"  I want to be open to my students to ask after they leave class.  Learning continues even after the class ends.  

What else.....?  I can't think of anything right now.  My brain is fried form the last few weeks.  Now that I have more time I'll definitely try to blog more often. 

2 comments:

Amy R Singer said...

and where are YOUR pictures, young lady? i heard that camera snapping. get with it!

also, ditto.

Lilikoi Knits said...

I'm so jealous that I can't take your classes!!! :(