Nov 10, 2009

Knitty Lady

Tonight I picked up the illustrious Amy Singer from the airport.  She's here to do some workshops at my arts and crafts center.  And holy crap- she is awesome.  I had a feeling I would like her from all the emails we exchanged, but damn, I really like her.  She's funny as hell and very real.  I'm going to be very sad when she leaves.

My friend Anne came with me to the airport, and helped me get Amy set up in billeting.  Someone must have really liked her, because she got a TLF room, which is one of the nicest.  It's like a 1 bedroom apartment.  She has a living room, full kitchen and bath, dishes, and free internet.  For only $41.50/night, which is unheard of here.  :D  After we got her luggage into the room we decided to take her to Safeway so she could stay up a little longer and get some breakfasty things.  She was giggling all the way through, and started the blogging when she saw the pineapples for 59 cents a pound.  It was adorable.  Anne and I made sure she go a good one.

Tomorrow is a trip up to North Shore.  She wants to see as many LOST locations as she can while she's here, and North Shore is definitely the place to do it!  We're also hitting a ukelele place (she plays) and maybe Ted's, if we can make it that far.  My friend Michelle called and offered to take her with to her uke class, which is one thing Amy really wanted to do while she was here.  I'm so happy Michelle remembered!  But she's awesome like that.  She's trying to get me to take lessons.  We'll see.  :)

I have a feeling this is going to be a really fun week.  I'm going to try to get pictures, but I tend to get excited and forget....

No comments: