Nov 23, 2009

I am insane

I have the urge to go an organize all my craft stuff.  All my yarn, needles, fabric, fiber, whathaveyou.

No, I am not pregnant.

It came about because I came across the Grumpy the Lump of Coal pattern in the Knitpicks catalog.  I want to make him, and might tonight.  It may be a gift for some kid this year, esp because I have some blackish Lamb's Pride Bulky and some Cascade 220 left from Maddie's hat.  He'd be adorable in both.  I want him because Nessie came out..... hideous.  I'll need to felt him to see if I can even pass him on at the shower this weekend.  I'm hoping he's ok, but if you're thinking about buying the book Amigurumi Knits, think twice.  There's some serious errata in there.

I also have an overwhelming urge to buy more MochiMochiland patterns, just because they're so fucking adorable.  Really, I promise.  I want them all.

What does this have to do with organizing?  I can't find some of my needles.  Or some cables.  I know I have them, I'm just not sure where.  My WIPs is a mess.  I lost two skeins of yarn I bought a week and a half ago somewhere in my house (I think they're on the bookshelf in my craft room).  I don't want to pay Knitpicks $7 to ship me $10 worth of cables.  Although I could use some DPNs.....

Expect coal this Christmas.  Disapproving, grumpy coal.

5 comments:

k-brow said...

Oh man, I did NOT need to see that adorable lump! Now I want to knit a bunch, and I'm over-booked with Christmas knitting, too. Grrrr. Thanks for sharing. ; )

Nutella Nutterson said...

Buy more MochiMochiland patterns! Do eeet! That reminds me to put a mochi gift certificate on my wishlist for Christmas.

And good on you for cleaning. Or thinking about cleaning.

Dorothy said...

I thought about it real hard. Then I laid down till the urge passed.

I do love me some MochiMochiland. The loch ness monster may not be finished and I may work on something else quickly over the weekend. It needs to be quick, though.

Lilikoi Knits said...

I want to do the lump. Maybe we should have a KAL on Monday. Think we could get one done in two hours? Maybe if we weren't laughing the whole time.

And now I want Mochi patterns. The love gun and the Oscillating Owlets are my current favorites.

Dorothy said...

I totally think we can- if we pay attention. Do you think that'll happen?