Oct 6, 2009

I had a mess of crazy dreams again last night. I don't remember most of them, but the one I do remember was... interesting.

I was an adult, but going to my old middle school. I was desperately trying to find something to wear that didn't make me look like a teacher. It was big drama. It was also winter, and everything was covered in snow. I had to walk there, and walk somewhere else, and go to yet another place. I walked a lot in that dream. I know some of my old friends were in it, but I can't remember who. I'm sure there's significance to all of this, but I'm not going to bother to figure it out. I probably had it because I'm headed home in a few days.

I tend to have a lot of dreams about Poughkeepsie and my high school. Most of them take place in the auditorium, which was where I spent most of my time. Marching band, concert band, chorus (yep- I was in chorus for a while- just because I don't sing doesn't mean I can't. I actually have a pleasant contralto voice when I choose to use it), and drama club took up most of my year. Add in free periods and hanging out in there after school and it's a perfect setting for lots of crazy dreams. Most of those usually have band involved in them. I'm never a kid in them, though. I'm almost always an adult, having to go back for some reason. And they usually happen when I'm stressed out by something. They're never pleasant- it's usually a lot of chasing and looking for something. Not fun.

No comments: